UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 3:23 PM
Subject: RE: Request for information under the freedom of information act. - 5952567

Dear Mr Mortimer

Letter stating that the authority does not hold the information

Thank you for your e-mail received on 30 December 2013 where you requested information about child abuse cases.

I am writing to advise you that the information you requested is not held by Worcester City Council.

Due to the nature of the information that you are seeking, your request would be more appropriately addressed to Worcestershire County Council.

To contact them by email, submit your request to: or in writing to:

Information Access Officer

Corporate Information Management Unit

Worcestershire County Council

County Hall

Spetchley Road



If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be submitted no later than two months from the date of our response to your original request. These requests should be sent by email to or to the following postal address:

The Monitoring Officer - Julie Slatter

Orchard House

Farrier Street



Yours sincerely

Lesley Birchley

Business Support Assistant

Location: Orchard House Complex, Farrier Street, Worcester WR1 3BB

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 28 December 2013 10:41

Subject: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Worcester Council

Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.

David Mortimer

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.