UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 12:21 PM
Subject: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Mr Mortimer,

With reference to your FoI requested dated 28 December 2013, firstly apologies for the delay in responding.

The Borough Council is not responsible for children’s services and therefore does not hold any of the information you request. If you haven’t already done so, your enquiry should be directed to Surrey County Council who is responsible for this activity in the area.

I hope that you are satisfied with the way in which your request for information has been dealt with. If not, the Council has decided that any complaint regarding requests for information that cannot be dealt with satisfactorily on an informal basis should be dealt with in accordance with its established complaints procedure. Details of our complaints procedure may be found at: .

Alternatively, I can forward you a paper copy of a leaflet giving details. I am also happy to discuss any queries that you may have regarding how we have dealt with your request for information. In addition, you may apply to the Information Commissioner for a decision whether your request for information has been dealt with in accordance with the requirements of the Act (although I understand that the Information Commissioner may decline to become involved if you have not first exhausted the Council's complaints procedure). The Information Commissioner may be contacted at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF; tel. 01625 545745; fax. 01625 524510; e-mail.


David Johnson

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013