UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 10:23 AM
Subject: Freedom of Information Request - Protecting children from abuse

Dear Mr Mortimer,

Thank you for your request for information received on 30th December 2013.

I can confirm that under section 1(1) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 that Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council does not hold the information that you have requested.

We believe that this information may be available from Hertfordshire County Council who have responsibility for social services within the Borough. Your request should be more appropriately directed to them. You can contact them at or by email to

I hope this satisfies your request but if you have any queries or concerns then please contact Ian Colyer, Freedom of Information Officer, Welwyn Hatfield Council, Council Offices, The Campus, Welwyn Garden City, Herts. AL8 6LA, Telephone: 01707 357413, Email:

I attach a copy of the Freedom of Information complaint procedure.

Further information is also available from the Information Commissioner


Information Commissioner's Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane


Cheshire SK9 5AF

Telephone: 01625 545 700

Yours sincerely

Ian Colyer

Freedom of Information Officer

Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.