UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2014 10:31 AM
Subject: Request for information under the freedom of information act - Child abuse

Dear David Mortimer,

I am writing in respect of your Freedom of Information dated 28 December
2013 which was received by us on 30 December 2013. This request has
been handled under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

With regard to your request for information concerning child abuse
cases, I am writing to inform you that the responsibility for social
care and children's services falls under Kent County Council so this
information is not held by us. Kent County Council may hold the
information you require. They can be contacted by the following means:

By post: Information Resilience and Transparency Team, Kent County
Council, Room 2.71, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone, Kent, ME14
1XQ. By fax: 01622 696075.

Should you require any further information, or if you are not satisfied
with our response, please do not hesitate to contact me on 01303 853437.
You may also request an internal review by writing to the following

Freedom of Information Appeals Officer
Shepway District Council
Castle Hill Avenue
Kent CT20 2QY

Alternatively you can use our Customer Comment Form which can be
accessed at our website

In addition, if you are not satisfied with our response you may apply to
the Information Commissioner for an independent review at the following

The information Commissioner
Wyncliffe House
Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF

Telephone 01625 545700

Yours sincerely,

Rachel Neville
Information and Legal Officer
Tel: 01303 853437
Fax: 01303 853548
Shepway District Council, Civic Centre, Castle Hill Avenue,
Folkestone, Kent, CT20 2QY

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 28 December 2013 10:41
Subject: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Shepway Council

Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial
relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child
abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from
abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by
(i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv)
cases of neglect.

David Mortimer

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.