UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 2:45 PM
Subject: Freedom of Information Request

Dear Mr Mortimer

Freedom of Information Request: 624/2013

Thank you for your request received by the Council on the 28 December 2013.

In relation to your enquiry, please find the Council’s response set out below. Your enquiry was:

Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.

Unfortunately Sevenoaks District Council does not hold the information requested.

The information you have requested is the responsibility of Kent Children’s Social Services. If you would like further information, I suggest you contact them. Kent Children’s Social Services’ website is:

If you need to submit a Freedom of Information request to them then you should use the following email address:

You may be interested to know that our website has a Freedom of Information guide which clarifies which matters are the responsibility of respectively the County, District and Parish Councils. Here is a link to that Guide for Information.

I trust the above information has been of assistance to you. Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Should you be dissatisfied with the way we have processed your request the Council has an internal review process which you can begin by contacting Vanessa Etheridge, Acting Democratic Services Manager ( If you remain dissatisfied you have the right to appeal to the Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO)

Yours sincerely

Chris Scutt
Democratic Services Assistant

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.