UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 11:11 AM
Subject: FOI Request

Dear Mr Mortimer



Thank you for your recent communication where you have requested specific information concerning child abuse cases. This request is considered to come under the provisions of the ‘Freedom of Information Act 2000’.

Please find the information requested below.

Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.

Rugby Borough Council does not hold this information as it is not responsible for children’s services within the borough. This is the responsibility of Warwickshire County Council. If you haven’t already done so you can contact the county by emailing

I do hope the above information is of assistance. If you wish to discuss the above response please do not hesitate to contact Sue Birch, Information and Consultation Officer on Rugby 01788 533864.

If you are not completely satisfied with the outcome of your request you have the right to complain under the Customer Feedback Scheme. Complaints should be sent to Customer Feedback, Town Hall, Evreux Way, Rugby CV21 2RR, emailed: to or alternatively, you can telephone the Customer Feedback line on 01788 533727. If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint, you can apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision.

The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow , Cheshire, SK9 5AF.

Yours sincerely,

Matthew Deaves

Communications, Consultation and Information Manager

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.