UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:28 AM
Subject: FOI/2516- Response

Dear Mr Mortimer

I refer to your Freedom of Information request dated 28th December 2013 and my acknowledgement earlier today.

Rossendale Borough Council does not hold the information you have requested as we are not the Social Services Authority. This falls under the remit of Lancashire County Council, who should be able to respond to your request.

Please visit

Information regarding the services that fall under the remit of Rossendale Borough Council and those which do not, is available on our website at

Right to Review

If you are unhappy with the way your request has been handled you can request a review by writing to Mr Stuart Sugarman, Director of Business, Rossendale Borough Council, The Business Centre, Futures Park, Bacup, OL13 0BB.

If you remain dissatisfied you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Telephone 0303 123 1113 or 01625 54 57 45 or visit their website at

There is no charge for making an appeal.


Jenni Cook

Committee Officer

Committee & Member Services

01706 252424

Freedom of Information Requests can be submitted at

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.