UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 11:26 AM
Subject: RE: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Our Reference: 1591

Dear David,

Thank you for your request for information.

I am writing to inform you that we have searched our records and the information you requested is not held. This is because Redditch Borough Council does not have responsibility of child or social care.

However it is possible that Worcestershire County Council may hold some or all of the information you require. They can be contacted at:

If you are dissatisfied with the way your request has been handled, you have the right to request an internal review.

If you are still dissatisfied following a review by the Council, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. You can contact the Information Commissioner at :
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Telephone 01625 545 700


Julie Smout
Information Support Officer
Business Transformation Bromsgrove District & Redditch Borough Councils

Bromsgrove District Council Redditch Borough Council
The Council House Town Hall
Burcot Lane Walter Stranz Square
Bromsgrove Redditch
Worcestershire Worcestershire
B60 1AA B98 8AH
Tel: 01527 64252, Ext 3871 Tel: 01527 64252, Ext 3871
Web: Web:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 28 December 2013 10:41
Subject: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Redditch Council

Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.

David Mortimer

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.