UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2014 12:10 PM
Subject: RESPONSE to your Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Mr Mortimer

Information Request 1734

Thank you for your information request dated and received on 30 December 2013 which has been dealt with under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA).

I am writing to inform you that the information you requested is not held by Purbeck District Council because district councils do not provide Children’s Services, so I am unable to fulfil your request. However, the information for the Purbeck area may be held by Dorset County Council which provides Children’s Services for this area. If you have not already contacted Dorset County Council, the contact details are:

Freedom of Information Officer
Dorset County Council

Records Management Unit

County Hall



01305 225191

You might also wish to contact Dorset Police:

The Freedom of Information Office
Professional Standards Department
Dorset Police Headquarters

DT2 8DZ.

If you are unhappy with the way your request has been handled, you may ask for an internal review. Please contact Jane Hay, Performance & Information Officer, Chief Executive’s Office, Westport House, Worgret Road, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 4PP or email if you wish to request a review. If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.

Yours sincerely

Jane Hay

Performance & Information Officer

Performance Unit

Purbeck District Council

Westport House

Worgret Road


Dorset BH20 4PP

01929 557325 and


Sent: Saturday 28 December 2013 10:40:33


Subject: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Purbeck Council

Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.

David Mortimer

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.