UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: Local Safeguarding Children Board's are not subject to the Freedom of Information Act?

Hi Dave,

I have been given this advice by the legal adviser to the LSCB. I'm afraid I can't direct you to the details of the legislation other than to say that what I was advised is the the Freedom of Information Act describes what sort of bodies come under its remit, and that it does not include LSCBs.

The main impediment to answering your question however is that it is not data which WSCB requests or holds.

Kind regards,
Cornelia Heaney

WSCB Development Manager

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: Freedom of Information Request

Dear David,

Safeguarding Children Boards are not subject to the Freedom of Information Act, and I'm afraid we do not hold this kind of information anyway.

You may want to select a statutory Board partner which is more likely to hold this information and re-make your request to them.

Kind regards,
Cornelia Heaney.
WSCB Development Manager.

On 10 January 2014 15:36, wrote:

Dear Chris Hallett,

Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in North Warwickshire for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.

What I mean by substantiated child abuse cases are those who have been taken through the criminal justice system & found guilty of a child abuse offence. What I mean by child is those under the age of 18 years of age. What I want is information on the perpetrators of child abuse. I am not asking for any information about the child victims.

Yours Sincerely

David Mortimer

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2014 12:59 PM
Subject: RE: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear David, your request for information should be sent to Warwickshire County Council who have responsibility for services for children and families. I have attached website links showing the contacts for the County Council and more information about the services. Yours sincerely Robert Beggs

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.