UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2014 12:24 PM
Subject: FOI 02656 Final response
For the attention of David Mortimer

I write in response to your email to Mid Devon District Council, requesting information about child abuse. Your request was received on 28th December 2014 and has been dealt with under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Please find attached a formal response to your request.

Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.

I can confirm that Mid Devon District Council does not hold this information. Devon County Council is responsible for the provision of Children’s and Social Services in the Mid Devon area. I would advise that you redirect your enquiry to as I believe they will be able to provide answers to your questions.

Yours sincerely

Alexander Barwell - Information Management Assistant
Mid Devon District Council

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.