UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: Request for information - reference number CEX/9EVFEG

Dear Mr Mortimer

I have made some enquiries and been informed that the contact for the Local
Safeguarding Children Board is Ian Rush and he can be contacted on email:

Yours sincerely

Cath Cryer
Information Compliance Unit
Democratic Services
PO Box 532
Town Hall
Albert Square
M60 2LA

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:58 AM
Subject: Request for information - reference number CEX/9EVFEG

Dear Mr Mortimer

Thank you for your e mail dated 28th December 2013

In your e mail you requested the following information

"Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial
relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child
abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from
abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by
(i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases
of neglect."

I can confirm that Manchester City Council does not hold the information
you have requested.

The agencies who are most likely to be able to assist you are the Crown
Prosecution Service and/or Greater Manchester Police.

If you are not satisfied with this response you may ask for an internal
review. If you wish to complain you should contact the Information
Governance Manager, whose address is Democratic Services, Town Hall, Albert
Square, Manchester, M60 2LA and email

If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have
the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision.

The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:

Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane

Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future

June Ackers
Manchester City Council.

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.