UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2014 4:15 PM
Subject: RE: (F13/0349) Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Thank you for your recent request under the Freedom of Information Act.

Please be aware that this authority does not have a social services function as this falls under the remit of Essex County Council. I would therefore advise you to redirect your enquiry to them, and they should be able to provide you with the information requested.

If you are not satisfied with this response please let me know. If I am unable to resolve the matter quickly then you may wish to pursue this through the Council's complaints procedure, and any complaints regarding Freedom of Information matters may be dealt with by contacting the Council Offices at Princes Road, Maldon. Complaints should be made in writing or by email to by using the form available on the Council's website at In addition, if you are not satisfied with the Council's decision you may apply to the Information Commissioner for an independent review at the following address:

The Information Commissioner
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel 01625 545 745 Fax 01625 524 510

Kind Regards

Sarah Graham
Committee Services Officer
Tel: 01621 876232 |
Working Days: Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 28 December 2013 10:40
Subject: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Maldon Council

Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.

David Mortimer

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.