UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2014 12:09 PM
Subject: FOI Request - Child Abuse Cases (FOI/210/13)

Dear Mr Mortimer


I refer to your e-mail of 28th December 2013 in which you requested access to information held by the Council under the above legislation.

I wish to advise you that local authorities in Northern Ireland have no responsibility for social services or for dealing with child abuse cases. This responsibility rests with our local Health and Social Services Trust and you may find it useful to make contact with them in relation to your queries. They can be contacted as follows:

FOI Office
Western Health and Social Services Trust
Administration Building
Altnagelvin Hospital site
Glenshane Road
BT47 6SB

If you are not satisfied with the response you have received to your request for access to information, please note that you can ask for the matter to be reviewed. In order to have this review carried out please put your request or complaint in writing to the Chief Executive of Limavady Borough Council, 7 Connell Street, Limavady, BT49 OHA. He will carry out an investigation into how the matter was dealt with by Council Officers and he will then respond to you directly when he has completed his investigation.

If you have any queries in relation to your request for access to information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Elizabeth Beattie
Corporate Policy Officer
Limavady Borough Council
Tel: 028 777 22226

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.