UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 12:03 PM
Subject: Request for information 1782990

Dear Mr Mortimer

Thank you for your request for information, which was received on the 30th December 2013. Your request has been considered under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.


Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.


Social care in the Harlow area is carried out by Essex County Council therefore in accordance with Section 1(1)(a) of the Freedom of Information Act, Harlow Council does not hold the information you have requested.

Contact details for Essex County Council are as follows:

County Hall Market Road Chelmsford CM1 1QH

Or you can make a request for information online at Chief Executive Malcolm Morley Central Switchboard: 01279 446611 • Minicom: 01279 446026

Contact me again if you require any further assistance on this matter and I will do my best to provide relevant help and advice.

If you are dissatisfied with the response you have received and wish to request a review of our decision or make a complaint about how your request has been handled you should write to Contact Harlow at the above address or complete the on-line complaint form that can be found at Your request for an internal review should be submitted to us within 40 working days of receipt by you of this response. Any such request received after this time will only be considered at the discretion of Harlow Council.

If having exhausted the review process you are not content that your request or review has been dealt with correctly, you have a further right of appeal to the Information Commissioner for a decision by writing to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliff House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.

Yours sincerely,

Marie Bentley
Corporate Information Manager
Governance Service
Harlow Council, Civic Centre, The Water Gardens,
Harlow, Essex. CM20 1WG
Tel: 01279 446736
Fax: 01279 446637

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.