UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: FOI Enquiry: R007184

Dear Mr Mortimer,

In response to your query, the procedures followed in Flintshire (and in Wales) are the All Wales Child Protection Procedures, which are written by the All Wales Child Protection Procedures Review Group on behalf of the Welsh Government. These can be accessed at if required. Should any of the procedures need to be 'localised' this would be done by the Flintshire and Wrexham Local Safeguarding Children Board, via their Policy and Protocol Group. In addition, there is a North Wales Policy Group, which may implement policies or procedures relative to North Wales. Links to the North Wales group can also be found at the above website.

Kind Regards

Rachael Strand
Freedom of Information Officer
General Office
Community Services
Flintshire County Council

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.