UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 11:30 AM
Subject: 2013-14 FOI No. 427

Dear Mr Mortimer

Thank you for your request under the 2000 Act made on 28 December 2013 concerning child abuse cases in the area.

Please be advised that the information you are requesting is not held at Elmbridge Borough Council. Surrey County Council may hold the information you are seeking.

If you have not already done so, you may wish to submit your request directly to Surrey County Council at the following address:

Freedom of Information Officer
Room 134
County Hall
Penrhyn Road
Kingston upon Thames
Surrey, KT1 2DN

In the alternative, you also have the option to submit your request using the Freedom of Information Form available online on the Surrey County Council website or email your request to the Freedom of Information Officer at

The Council operates a presumption of openness in its access to information. It provides much information outside the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act and it will continue to do on a "business as usual" basis. Persons do not need to engage the statutory provisions to access all reasonable information about the Council and its services.

If, for whatever reason, you are unhappy with our response, you have the right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the response to your original letter and should be addressed to Head of Legal Services, Elmbridge Borough Council, Civic Centre, High Street, Esher, Surrey KT10 9SD.

Should you then remain dissatisfied at the outcome of that process, you are entitled to appeal against the decision by contacting:
The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45

There is no charge for making an appeal

Yours sincerely

Catriona Herbert
For Head of Legal Services

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 28 December 2013 10:40
Subject: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Elmbridge Council

Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.

David Mortimer

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.