UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:42 AM
Subject: FW: CF/6945 FOI request

Dear Mr Mortimer,

In response to your information request, and your subsequent clarification of the information required: ‘What I mean by substantiated child abuse cases are those who have been taken through the criminal justice system & found guilty of a child abuse offence. I'm not interested in allegations of abuse only those who have been convicted of an offence as stated above’

Children’s Social Care does not record the data in the way the FOI Request is framed – CSC deals significant numbers of both allegations and ‘substantiated child abuse cases’ and it is not be possible to disaggregate these electronically.

I would suggest that as the FOI relates to criminal justice convictions you are better directing your enquiry to the Police as an agency – details below:

Requests made to North Yorkshire Police under the Freedom of Information Act should be sent to:
Post: Civil Disclosure Unit, North Yorkshire Police, Newby Wiske Hall, Newby Wiske, Northallerton, DL7 9HA
Telephone: 101

Many thanks
Dot Evans
Head of Service (Safeguarding)
Children's Social Care
01904 555690
City of York Council

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.