UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2014 1:14 PM
Subject: FOI Request FOI/13/541 - Response

Dear Mr Mortimer

I am writing in response to your request for information under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, Ref No FOI/13/541.

Chorley Council, as a district council, are not responsible for the provision of Social Care services within Chorley. This role is performed by Lancashire County Council, and any requests for the information you require should be dealt with by them. May I recommend that you send your request for information regarding child abuse cases to Lancashire County Council.

General information about Lancashire County Council Health and Social Care can be found at

Information regarding Children & young people may be found at

Lancashire County Council’s FOI team can be contacted at

Access to Information Team
Lancashire County Council
P O Box 78
County Hall

or via For more information, please visit their webpage at

I hope the information provided here answers your enquiry. If however, you are unhappy with the outcome, or the way in which Chorley Council has handled your request, you may wish to make an appeal. This can be done in writing to the Information Manager, Chorley Council, Civic Offices, Union Street, Chorley, PR7 1AL, or by e-mail to: clearly stating your reasons for dissatisfaction. Please quote the above reference number in all correspondence.

If your appeal is either not upheld or you remain dissatisfied with our decision, you can appeal to the Information Commissioner at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, or by e-mail to

Yours sincerely

Paul Sudworth

Information Manager
Chorley Council

( 01257 515151

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.