UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 10:00 AM
Subject: RE: Response to your Freedom of Information Request - FOI 659

Dear Mr Mortimer,

Freedom of Information Request

Reference FOI 659

Thank you for your request for information received on 30 December 2013.

This request has been handled under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

I am writing to inform you that we have searched our records and the information you requested is not held by Chesterfield Borough Council.

However it is possible that Derbyshire County Council may hold some or all of the information you require. They can be contacted at:

If you are unhappy with the way in which your request has been dealt with you can ask for an internal review of our decision. Internal review requests should be submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the response to your original letter and should be addressed to:

Information Rights Officer

Chesterfield Borough Council

Town Hall

Rose Hill


S40 1LP

If you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request or complaint, you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner at:

The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.

Telephone:0303 123 1113 Website:

There is no charge for making an appeal.

Yours sincerely,

Stephen Oliver


Original Message-----
Sent: 28 December 2013 10:40
Subject: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Chesterfield Council

Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.

David Mortimer

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.