UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 2:01 PM
Subject: IR2767 - Response to FOI request

Dear David,

Request for Information: Child Abuse Cases

I write in response to your request for information set out in your email of 28th December 2013. Your request has been considered under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

You have requested what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.

I confirm that the Council does not hold this information as this is the responsibility of the Essex Safeguarding Children Board located within Essex County Council.

The contact details for our local safeguarding board are as follows:

Essex Safeguarding Children Board Room C228 County Hall Chelmsford CM1 1QH

01245 435167

Right to Internal Review

It you are dissatisfied with this response or with the way your request has been handled under the Freedom of Information Act, you have the right to ask for your request to be independently reviewed by the Director of Corporate Services. You should set out your representations in writing explaining why you are dissatisfied with this response or the way your request has been handled and send to The review will be conducted in accordance with the Council’s internal review procedure which is published on its website at CORPORATE SERVICES Chelmsford City Council . You will be notified of the outcome of the review as soon as possible and in any event within 20 working days from receipt of your representations.


If you should still remain dissatisfied following the outcome of the review, you may apply to the Information Commissioner for a decision by writing to:

Information Commissioner’s Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane

Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF

Yours sincerely,

John Breen

Information Compliance Officer

Corporate Services

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.