UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:22 AM
Subject: RE: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Mr Mortimer

I am writing in response to your Freedom of Information Request below.

Councils in Northern Ireland are not responsible for social care; this falls under the remit of the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety (DHSSPS)

Their website address is

Please redirect your query to DHSSPS who should be able to provide you with information for all of Northern Ireland.

Kind regards


Joanne Wilton

PA to the Chief Executive

Castlereagh Borough Council,

Bradford Court, Upper Galwally,

Castlereagh, BT8 6RB


Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.