UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2014 1:33 PM
Subject: FOI 3931: substantiated child abuse cases

Dear Mr Mortimer

Thank you for your freedom of information request.

Canterbury City Council has no responsibility for the information you have requested.

The relevant authority for our area is Kent County Council; the contact details from their website are below:-

Who do I contact?

For queries about the Publication Scheme, or if you wish to make a request for other information, or you need advice and assistance in accessing information, please contact the Corporate Access to Information Coordinator:

Post: Corporate Access to Information Coordinator, Kent County Council, Room B.48, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone. ME14 1XQ.
Fax: 01622 696075.
Phone 03000 41 41 41 (for enquiries only - formal requests for information must be made in writing, either by email, fax or letter).
Kind regards

Claire Hawken
Business Manager and Freedom of Information /Data Protection Co-Ordinator
Legal and Democratic Services
Canterbury City Council
01227 862 534

Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:40:07 AM
Subject: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Canterbury Council

Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.

David Mortimer

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.