UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2014 9:11 AM
Subject: FOI request received on 30/12/13

Dear David


Your request for information regarding child abuse cases has now been considered and, to the best of our knowledge, I can advise that we do not hold this information as your request falls within the remit of Derbyshire County Council.

Consequently, you need to re-direct your Freedom of Information request to at Derbyshire County Council, County Hall, Matlock, DE4 3AG.

If you have any queries or concerns, or if you are dissatisfied in any way with the handling of your information request your next step would be to clearly state in writing why you are dissatisfied and the Council will treat this as a formal complaint in accordance with our Compliments, Comments and Complaints policy. The policy together with information on how to make a complaint is available on the Council’s website or by emailing

I also have a duty to make you aware of the Information Commissioner's Office, which is an independent body who monitor the Data Protection Act, the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations, and make sure organisations fulfil their legal obligations under the Acts. They can be contacted at:

Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Telephone: 0303 123 1113

Yours sincerely

Kath Drury
Information and Engagement Manager

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.