UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 2:45 PM
Subject: RE: Request for information under the freedom of information act.


Dear Mr Mortimer


Your request for information has now been considered. Unfortunately Blaby District Council does not hold the information you have requested.

May I suggest that you contact Leicestershire County Council for this information as they deal with all information relating to Children’s Services. Contact details are: Freedom of Information, Strategy and Policy Team, Room 170, County Hall, Glenfield, Leicester. LE3 8TG.

Please let me know if you wish me to forward your request to them, if you decide that you do then I will let you know the date that I transfer your request.

Should you be unhappy with the way your request has been handled you may ask for an internal review. Please contact the Information & Contracts Officer, Blaby District Council, Council offices, Desford Road, Narborough, LE19 2EP,, who will arrange an internal review of your case.

If you are not happy with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF. Tel: 0303 123 1113,

If you have any queries about this email, please contact me quoting the above reference number.

Yours sincerely

Kath Marsden

Information Management Services

Blaby District Council

Visit Our Website:

Please save paper and only print out what is necessary

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 28 December 2013 10:40
Subject: TRIM: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Blaby Council

Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.

David Mortimer

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.