UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:12 AM
Subject: RE: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Freedom of Information Act 2000 - Request for Information

I refer to your recent enquiry requesting information pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

Whilst the Act confers a general right of access to information held by public authorities section 1 provides that "any person making a request for information to a public authority is entitled:

a) to be informed in writing by the public authority whether it holds information of the description specified in the request; and

b) if that is the case to have that information communicated to him", subject to the effect of the exemptions in Part 11 of the Act.

Therefore pursuant to the Council's duty to confirm or deny whether or not it holds the information requested and I confirm that this Council is a District Council and not a Unitary Authority and Education, Social services, Highways, On-street car parking etc are the responsibility of Nottinghamshire County Council and their e-mail address for FOI enquiries is by writing to Nottinghamshire County Council, County Hall, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 7QP

If you are dissatisfied with the Freedom of Information response set out in this letter you may request a review of this decision via the Council's complaints procedure, and details of which are enclosed.

If you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request or complaint the Act confers a further right to complaint to the Information Commissioner at or by writing to Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF (telephone 06125 545745), email, however the Information Commissioner will not usually consider a complaint if the complainant has not exhausted the Council's complaints procedure.

Yours sincerely

Mrs J Askew
Central Freedom of Information Officer

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 28 December 2013 10:40
Subject: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Bassetlaw Council

Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.

David Mortimer

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.