UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:34 AM
Subject: Freedom of Information request - 4/14

Dear Mr Mortimer

Thank you for your recent request made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, as a district local authority, has no responsibility for Social Services and, therefore, does not hold the information requested.

The authority responsible for this function is Hampshire County Council and your request should be referred to this authority. For your assistance, I have posted below a link to the Hampshire County Council website (Freedom of Information pages):

If you are unhappy with the handling of your request, you have the right to request an internal review. If you wish to request an internal review please write to:

The Information Management (Legislation and RIPA) Officer, Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 4AH.

If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:

Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF

Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.

For your information, we are publishing FOI requests and responses on the council's website so the response to this request may be published at a later date. To view published responses please follow the link below:

Yours sincerely

Shelley Eames
Information Management Assistant
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council
Tel: 01256 845483
Fax: (01256) 845200

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.