UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:51 AM
Subject: RE: Request for information BF863-2013 & MF864-2013

Dear Mr Mortimer,

Thank you for your request for information relating to child abuse. Your request was received on 28th December 2013.

I am writing to advise you that, having reviewed your request for information, we have identified that, due to the nature of the information that you are seeking, your request would be more appropriately addressed to Suffolk County Council via the following route: Information Management Services, Suffolk County Council, Endeavour House, Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2BX. Telephone: 01473 264618 email:

If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.

If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of our decision, you should write in the first instance to the Karen Smith, Information Management Specialist (Legal) at the above address.

If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint, you may apply directly to the Information

Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted

the complaints procedure provided by the Authority. The Information Commissioner can be contacted

at: The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9

5AF and

Yours sincerely

Karen Smith

Information Management Specialist

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.