UK Family Law Reform

Free information index

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Mr Mortimer

Thank you for your freedom of information request.

Council's in Northern Ireland have no responsibility for Social Services, therefore, the Council does hold any information relevant to your request.

Social Services in this Borough are provided by the South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust. To allow you to pursue your queries with SEHSCT directly, I have included its contact details below:

Information Governance Department
Lough House
Ards Hospital
Church Street
BT23 4AS

I trust the above is of assistance, however, I would like to advise you that if you are not happy with the way in which your request has been dealt with an internal review can be sought through the office of the Chief Executive.

If you are still not satisfied following the internal review you can ask the Information Commissioner's Office to review the Council's decision.


Aaron Jamison | Assistant Compliance Officer |
Tel: +44 (0)28 91824076 | Email:
Ards Borough Council, 2 Church Street, Newtownards, County Down, BT23 4AP, United Kingdom

Date: 28 December 2013 10:40:19 GMT
Subject: Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Dear Ards Council

Request for information under the freedom of information act.

Please will you kindly tell me what the (a) gender and (b) familial relationship was to the child victim of offenders in substantiated child abuse cases in the area which you have a duty to protect children from abuse for the last full year which figures are available, broken down by (i) physical abuse, (ii) emotional abuse, (iii) sexual abuse and (iv) cases of neglect.

David Mortimer

Who do local authorities protect children from? 28th December 2013

A change would be in the best interests of children.